Women in STEM Speaker Series
2020 SPEAKER SERIES. CHECK BACK SOON FOR THE 2021 LINE-UP!
Recorded conversations available on YouTube
The Women in STEM Speaker Series introduced 12 inspiring STEM role models who have established themselves as experts in a variety of fields.
Find out what it’s like to be a neuroscientist, public health official, chemist, engineer, data scientist, and more. What inspired them to pursue their career path? What does a typical day in their role look like? What advice do they have for someone interested in their field?
Past conversations include:
- Dr. Wendy Bohon, Geologist & Science Communication Specialist at Incorporated Research Institutions for Seismology
- Liz Engler-Chiurazzi, Research Assistant Professor at West Virginia University Department of Neuroscience
- Dr. Rachel Levine, Secretary of Health for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Dr. Roselin Rosario-Melendez, Associate Principal Chemist and Project Leader at L’Oreal
- Dr. Rika Wright Carlsen, Associate Professor of Mechanical and Biomedical Engineering at Robert Morris University
- Ellen Bachman, Inside Sales Engineer at Eaton
- Kay Savage, Senior Data Scientist at Spotify
- Dr. Chavonda Jacobs-Young, Administrator of the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Agricultural Research Service
- Dr. Sandhya Rao, Professor of Astrophysics at the University of Pittsburgh
- Angela Cupelli, Pediatric Oncology and Bone Marrow Transplant Nurse
- Mercy Shitemi, Senior Systems Analyst at Zimmer Biomet
- Dr. Natasha Tilston-Lunel, Postdoctoral Associate at the University of Pittsburgh Center for Vaccine Research
Participants: We want to hear from you! Let us know about your experience watching the Women in STEM Speaker Series by filling out a brief survey.
The Women in STEM Speaker Series is supported by an IF/THEN® Gender Equity Grant from the Association of Science and Technology Centers (ASTC) and IF/THEN®, an initiative of Lyda Hill Philanthropies. This newly launched grant program awarded funding to 26 science and technology centers to launch projects aimed at increasing the representation of women and gender minorities in STEM.