Teacher Advisory Council
Help us uplift teacher voices! Become a Member of our Teacher Advisory Council and help us advance our STEM educational offerings to make transformational change! The 2024 Cohort will run from February 2024 until the end of December 2024.
We are searching for educators who:
- Are passionate about providing accessible STEM educational opportunities for all.
- Are inquisitive and willing to help evaluate, advise, and enhance field trip and classroom offerings for PreK-12 students.
- Have the ability to participate in monthly meetings with Carnegie Science Center educators and fellow Teacher Advisory Council Members.
- Are interested in assisting Carnegie Science Center in advancing community outreach efforts.
- Will act as advocates for Carnegie Science Center.
In addition to helping advance and improve Carnegie Science Center’s STEM educational offerings, you will also receive:
- A $500 stipend, because your time and feedback are valuable!
- A free STEM Adventure field trip for up to 25 students ($400 value) or SciTech Days experience for up to 25 students ($400 value) that teachers can book during their term (March 2024–Dec. 2024).
- The opportunity to guide programs and classes developed by Carnegie Science Center’s STEM Education Content Team.
- A unique opportunity and venue to engage and network with fellow STEM Educators from across western Pennsylvania.
- Recognition as a Teacher Advisory Council member on the STEM Center’s Website.
Commitment includes monthly sessions both in person and via Zoom.
Apply at https://forms.gle/GbUJPKoj1FAjmeT7A
Application closes Jan. 1, 2024.
Meet the 2023 Cohort!
- Anastasia Rameas-Michael, Chartiers-Houston School District
- Andrea Coleman, Garden of Different Abilities
- Anita Smith, West Mifflin Area School District
- Catherine Johnson, Eden Christian Academy
- Jade Leung, Shaler Area School District
- Janese Claar, PA Virtual Charter School
- Len Caric, Pine-Richland School District
- Megan Evangeliste, Pittsburgh Public Schools
- Scott Donnelly, Carlynton School District
- Taylor Guido, Greensburg Salem School District
About Carnegie Science Center’s Teacher Advisory Council:
The Teacher Advisory Council at Carnegie Science Center empowers passionate educators in Pittsburgh to drive impactful changes in STEM education. Join our 2024 Cohort running from February to December, engaging in monthly sessions to enhance classroom offerings for PreK-12 students. As a Member, advocate for accessible STEM education, collaborate with fellow educators, and receive incentives like a $500 stipend, free STEM Adventure field trips or SciTech Day experiences, and networking opportunities. Shape the future of STEM education.