The Traveling Andy Contest
Mon., July 18–Mon., Sept. 5
roboworld® has left Carnegie Science Center, but Andy is just going on vacation! Where is he going? Well, that is up to you! Print out our portable Andy cut-out and take pictures of him on your adventures. Share your Andy photos with us for the chance to win an invitation, along with four guests, to the media preview this November of the Science Center’s new exhibition gallery, Mars: The Next Giant Leap!
Email your Andy photo to CarnegieScienceCenter@Gmail.com or direct message the Science Center via Facebook and Instagram.
Disclaimer: Andy photo submissions containing children under the age of 13 will not be accepted.
- ELIGIBILITY: The TRAVELING ANDY CONTEST (“Contest”) is open to individuals who are thirteen (13) years of age or older (“Participants”). Participants who are under eighteen (18) years of age will need the consent of their parent or guardian to enter. Employees of Sponsor, as well as the immediate family of Sponsor’s employees (spouse, parents, siblings and children) are not eligible. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Entry in the Contest constitutes the Participant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning the Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- SPONSOR: Carnegie Science Center, a component of Carnegie Institute (“The Science Center” or “Sponsor”), located at One Allegheny Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15212.
- DESCRIPTION OF THE CONTEST: The Science Center’s roboworld® exhibit has closed and Andy Roid, the Robothespian (“Andy”) is going on vacation before he comes back to his new home in the main lobby of the museum. Participants will be provided a picture of Andy via email on the second floor of the Science Center, the Science Center’s website, and on the Science Center’s social media sites (Facebook and Instagram) and are invited to submit a photograph of Andy on vacation in a creative location of Participant’s choice (“Andy Photo”). The Science Center will post the Andy Photos on its website and Facebook and Instagram sites and will select the Prize Winner based on the criteria set forth in paragraph 6 below.
- HOW TO ENTER AND DEADLINE FOR ENTRY: No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest. Limit one (1) entry per Participant. To enter, Participants must submit their Andy Photo to CarnegieScienceCenter@Gmail.com with the words “Traveling Andy” in the subject line of the email or in a direct message to the Science Center’s official Facebook (Carnegie Science Center) or Instagram(@CarnegieSciCtr) accounts noting it is a Traveling Andy submission. The Andy Photo will be accepted between 10:00 AM on July 18, 2022 and 10:00 PM on September 5, 2022.
- ADDITIONAL RULES RELATING TO THE ANDY PHOTO.
- Participant hereby grants to Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees, and assigns, an irrevocable, perpetual and royalty-free right and license to use, reproduce, edit, display, transmit, prepare derivative works of, modify, publish or otherwise make use of the Andy Photo, including Participant’s image or likeness if such image or likeness is included in the Andy Photo, and all parts thereof, in any and all media, whether now known or hereafter created, throughout the world and for any purpose. Participant hereby represents and warrants that the Andy Photo does not infringe on any patent, trademark, copyright or other right of any third party, and that Participant has the right to grant any and all rights and licenses granted herein, including, but not limited to, all necessary rights under copyright, free and clear of any claims or encumbrances.
- The Andy Photo may NOT (i) contain any images or other identifiable information relating to celebrities/personalities; (ii) include the intellectual property of any third-parties, such as trademarks, logos, copyright protected material and/or any names, likenesses or images that violate an individual’s right of publicity or right of privacy; or (iii) contain any threatening language, harassment, violence, racism, bullying and/or profanity; contain attacks on or intimidation of any person; contain any malicious speech regarding gender, sexual orientation, religion, gender identity, age, ethnic origin or race; and/or contain sexist comments, hate speech, suggestion or encouragement of illegal activities.
- SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION OF THE PRIZE WINNERS. The Science Center’s Senior Director of Museum Experiences will select the Prize Winner based on originality and overall presentation of the Andy Photo. (“Prize Winner”) The Prize Winner will be sent the Prize Claim Documents set forth in paragraph 7 below via e-mail and must complete, execute, and return those Prize Claim Documents within three (3) days of receipt.
The Prize Winner will be announced on social media platform the Participant used to submit the Andy Photo and in an email if Participant submitted their Andy Photo via email on Thurs., Sept. 15, 2022 at 8 am.
- RELEASE. By participating in the Contest, each Participant releases and holds harmless the Sponsor, its officers, directors, employees and agents, and Facebook and Instagram (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any liability, claims, loss, injuries, damage, or causes of action of any kind which may occur or be sustained directly or indirectly out of or relating to participation in the Contest or receipt, acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of the Prize whether caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the Released Parties. The Released Parties are not responsible if the Contest cannot occur or if the Prize cannot be awarded due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism.
- PUBLICITY. Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes the consent of the Prize Winner to Sponsor and its agents to use the winning Andy Photo and the name, likeness, photograph, video or voice of the Prize Winner for promotional or commercial purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS. By entering the Contest, Participant affirms that they have read, understand and have accepted these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that the integrity, administration, or fairness of the Contest has been impaired or corrupted for whatever reason. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any Participant found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. Any attempt by any Participant to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such Participant to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of this provision or any other provision herein.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1)any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the submission process for the Contest; (3) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; (4) any losses or damages to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Participant’ s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of the Prize; or (5) any lost, late, stolen, ineligible, undelivered, delayed or misdirected Andy Photo.
- DISPUTES. Except where prohibited, Participant agrees that: (1) Any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or the Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Jurisdiction and venue over any such disputes, claims and causes of action shall exist exclusively in the state courts located in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, and shall be subject to the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania without regard to choice of law principles; (2) Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs associated with participating in the Contest, but in no event shall include any other costs or attorneys’ fees; and (3) Participant hereby waives all rights to claim indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages, and any other damages other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses.