Join our Special Event Volunteer Team!
Interested in sharing your love of science and technology with the public? Want to interact with the professional science community in Pittsburgh? Would you like to volunteer but are not able to make a weekly commitment?
Our mission is to educate and inspire through experiences and we need a little extra help during special events to do that. We are looking for outgoing, flexible, people who are willing to serve as ambassadors for the Carnegie Science Center. Special Events Volunteers fill a variety of roles and help us showcase regional science and technology endeavors, as well as engage our guests through interactive exhibits.
We are offering a program for individuals who are 21 years of age or older to join our Special Events Volunteer Team. Team members will be notified when a Carnegie Science Center event requires volunteer support and can choose to assist with the opportunities that fit into their schedules. Day and evening events are available.
Examples of events the Special Events Team might assist with include, but are not limited to:
- MessFest (January)
- Pittsburgh Regional Science Fair (March)
- Carnegie Science Awards (May)
- July 4th Fireworks Blowout Event (July)
- SpaceOut Weekend (October)
- Chain Reaction Competition (December)
- Breakfast Express (every Saturday in December before Christmas)
- SciTech (March and November)
- Science Sleepovers (March – May)
- Science After Hours (one Friday evening a month)
For questions contact the Volunteer Department by calling us at 412.237.1621. To sign up for this extraordinary opportunity please click here . Every Special Events Volunteer will be required to attend a weekend orientation session before they can volunteer.