Escape USS Requin!
Select Fridays and Saturdays
June 2–August 18
5:30 and 7 pm
$150 per group Members/$175 per group Nonmembers
Think you have what it takes to beat a 60-minute escape room inside USS Requin (SS 481) Submarine? Put your detective skills to the test and solve a series of puzzles and games directly related to USS Requin’s history, science, and general naval principles. Please note, full mobility is required for this experience. In the case of inclement weather, participants have the option to reschedule their tickets for another day or request a refund. Advanced tickets are required – walk-ups not available.
Escape USS Requin time slots can be booked by one group per time slot. A minimum of 4 people and a maximum of 6 is required for this experience. Escape USS Requin is strongly recommended for ages 13 and older.
FAQ’s/What to know before you go:
What is the recommended age for this experience?
- Recommended for adults and youth age 13 and older who are accompanied by an adult. If you have members of your group under age 13, you must purchase all 6 tickets in the time slot as courtesy to other participants.
Is parking included?
- Parking is the responsibility of participants.
How do you enter the event?
- Board USS Requin by following the signs to the bridge accessible from the Riverwalk. A staff member will be ready to greet you up to 10 minutes before your ticket time. Do not enter the main building.
Are food and drink containers permitted?
- Open food or drink containers are not permitted inside USS Requin.
Can I take photos during the event?
- Participants are not permitted to take photos or videos inside the Escape Room.
Please note, personal weapons and firearms are strictly prohibited on Carnegie Science Center’s campus. Our entire campus is smoke and tobacco free. This includes smokeless tobacco and e-cigarettes or vaping devices.
About USS Requin:
Commissioned on April 28, 1945 as a Standard Fleet Submarine, Requin made its first journey to Hawaii to join the Pacific Fleet at Balboa. State-of-the-art and battle ready when it set out just days before the end of World War II, Requin holds the distinction of being the Navy’s first Radar Picket submarine. Learn more about USS Requin here.