If you have an accommodation request, a question, or feedback for Carnegie Science Center, please contact Customer Service by phone 412.237.1536 or email.
Features For All
Carnegie Science Center welcomes all visitors. We work to assist visitors with disabilities in obtaining reasonable and appropriate accommodations, and we strongly believe in equal access to services, programs, and activities.
We are happy to speak with you in advance of your visit to help you plan for the best possible experience. (Note: Most accommodations need at least two weeks’ notice.)
Construction and Maintenance
For updates on how construction and maintenance projects are affecting travel throughout the building, please visit our Construction page.
Main Building and Highmark SportsWorks
- All exhibit floors are accessed by ramps. The main building has elevators serving the exhibit floors.
- Most of our exhibits are interactive, hands-on experiences. So there is a lot for people who are blind or have limited vision to enjoy!
- Exhibit spaces and restrooms are wheelchair accessible.
- We have strived to put the hands-on features of our exhibits at wheelchair-friendly heights.
- A limited number of wheelchairs is available for loan at no charge. Ask at the Ticket Counter on the first floor of the main building.
- For people on the autism spectrum or others who are extra sensitive to sound, a limited number of noise-cancelling headphones is available for loan, at no charge. Visit the Ticket Counter on the first floor of the main building.
- All theaters are wheelchair accessible.
- An elevator services the Omnimax Theater.
- For people who have limited hearing or are deaf, hearing assistance devices and scripts are available for Omnimax movies. Please ask when you buy your ticket.
- Special lighting is available for interpreters during Omnimax movies with two weeks advance notice.
USS Requin Submarine
- We welcome all visitors on the desk of our USS Requin Submarine.
- Below-deck visits require full mobility.
- A video tour of the submarine is available in the River View Café.
- An aide accompanying a visitor with a disability is admitted at no charge.
- Service animals are welcome in all of our facilities.
- ASL interpreters for people who are deaf can be arranged with two weeks advance notice.
- Sighted Guides for people who are blind, or who have low vision, can be arranged with two weeks advance notice.
- Quieter times vary depending on holidays, school vacations, weather, and other factors. Please contact us for more information.
Please contact Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh's Diversity Catalyst with concerns regarding accessibility for visitors with disabilities. Call 412.353.4632 during weekday hours, or email.