The Environment & Conservation
Explore the impact of humans on their environment, and it on them, and the importance of conserving this resource. Exhibits include:
- Real-Time Data Monitor – Real-time data from river monitoring systems show the temperatures, pH, and water level from local rivers.
- Topographical Map – Where does rain go when it falls? Find your neighborhood on our map and learn how rain flows into watersheds.
- Hydroelectricity – Learn about this important form of renewable energy.
- Dirty Drinking Display – A potable fountain appears to get its water from a clear tank of debris-filled water, reminding visitors what happens to water from source to tap.
- Water Chandelier – Observe floating gallon, quart, and pint-sized cans representing the various reservoirs of water on Earth, reminding guests that freshwater is not a limitless resource.
- Rooftop Infrared Camera – Rooftop infrared cameras capture river surface temperatures.