To Infinity & Beyond!
No rocket necessary for this space exploration! This high-definition, full-dome experience will take you to the far reaches of the galaxy. Explore the universe’s mysterious outer limits and learn how to locate planets and constellations from your own backyard. Henry Buhl Jr. (1848 – 1927) was a Pittsburgh philanthropist who established The Buhl Foundation “for the well-being of the citizens of Pittsburgh and the County of Allegheny.” The foundation supports education, human services, youth programs, and economic development. It established Buhl Planetarium, the predecessor organization of Carnegie Science Center, in 1939.
- Explore what the sky has in store for us this summer with our new Astronomical Calendar .
- Stargazers of all ages: catch a planetarium show to journey through space and time, and discover what it takes to be an astronaut!
- Dazzling lights and rockin’ beats merge for a spectacular sight and sound experience. Catch daily matinees or evening laser shows and get ready for awesome 3D atmospheric effects!
- Learn about globular clusters, nebulas, and planets when you see them with your own eyes. Come to SkyWatch at the Henry Buhl, Jr. Observatory to get an up-close look at amazing celestial objects.
- Learn more about the history of the Buhl Planetarium.
- Interested in astronomy? Visit our resources.
Visitors are invited to come one evening a month to the Henry Buhl, Jr. Planetarium & Observatory and get up-close and personal with amazing celestial objects – rain or shine. All ages! Great date night.
“Solar Quest” is a full dome planetarium short feature that demonstrates how the Sun and Earth are interconnected and that we are “Living with a Star.”