Stay tuned for new 2023 program dates!
Are you a creative high school student? Do you love to learn and inspire others? Become a published author in STEM Storytellers!
During program sessions at Carnegie Science Center, participants are paired with a mentor and guided through the process of writing and illustrating a children’s book on a science, technology, engineering, or math topic. These sessions cover content such as topic selection, research, children’s book structures, author bios, and self-publishing. By the end of the program, students will have a children’s book published on Amazon and the opportunity to share their book with the community through book donations and readings with groups of children.
What are the requirements?
- Ages 14–18
- Submit complete application by July 29, 2022 .
- Commit to attending all program sessions
- Student and parent or guardian attend one informational session (dates to be announced!)
What are the program benefits?
- Develop your confidence in STEM and writing
- Learn more about career paths by working with a mentor
- Work with Science Center staff to become knowledgeable of the writing and publishing process
- Explore a STEM topic you’re interested in and share that knowledge with your community
- Have a published book on Amazon
How much does this program cost?
- STEM Storytellers is free
When does STEM Storytellers take place?
- Students meet Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6–8 pm September 6, 2022, through December 1, 2022.
Who can apply?
- Applications are open to all students ages 14-18. Preference is given to students who are eligible for free or reduced lunch.