Covestro Pittsburgh Regional Science & Engineering Fair Registration
Schools, teachers and students
School Registration for Covestro PRSEF 2020 is open
- Online School Registration (closed)
- Online Student Registration
- How to Register your School and Students for PRSEF
- Teachers: Click here to register your students for Covestro PRSEF 2020
- Students: Do not use the link above to register. You must register using the link you will receive in your email once your teacher creates your account.
- Online Category Judge Registration
- Online Sponsor Judge Registration
- Online Affiliate Sponsor and Scholarship Judge Registration
- Online Science Fair Volunteer Registration
Check back later for more information about fair day teacher events.
- Teaching Content through Game Design
Learn how to create and use board games in your curriculum. Custom-created games can be a valuable instructional tool for teachers and the game creation process can aid the development of your students’ STEM competencies. You will create a content-focused game for use in your classroom.
- Teacher luncheon
Project Research Forms
Covestro PRSEF is an affiliate fair of the International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF). Covestro PRSEF complies with ISEF rules and with Federal regulations governing research to ensure the safety and well-being of humans and animals involved in student research, as well as the safety and welfare of the students themselves. Please visit ISEF Rules and Guidelines for complete rules/regulations.
New this year: All Covestro PRSEF project forms (reference below) must be completed online, electronically signed and submitted through PRSEF.STEMisphere.org. Mailed paper forms will not be accepted.
Note: Form 1, Form 1A including a research plan, Form 1B and the Covestro PRSEF Student Registration form are required for ALL projects. Additional forms are required if the project involves a vertebrate animal, human beings, potentially hazardous biological agents, a controlled substance (prescription drugs, consumable ethyl alcohol or tobacco), a hazardous substance or device (firearms, explosives, radiation, lasers etc.) or if the project will be completed in a regulated research institution.
- Form 1: Checklist for Adult Sponsor/Safety Assessment Form
- Form 1A: Student Checklist/Research Plan
- Form 1B: Approval Form
- Form 1C: Regulated Research Institutional/Industrial Setting Form
- Form 2: Qualified Scientist Form
- Form 3: Risk Assessment Form
- Form 4: Human Participants and Informed Consent Form
- Sample Informed Consent Statement
- Form 5: Vertebrate Animal Form
- Form 6A: Potentially Hazardous Biological Agents Form
- Form 6B: Human and Vertebrate Animal Tissue Form
- Form 7: Continuation Projects Form
Forms for Teachers
The following forms will help you with the registration and project completion process.
Quick Reference – Required Forms – This is a checklist of items which must be included with your students’ registration paperwork.
Most Common Paperwork Problems – All teachers and/or adult sponsors MUST review this file before submitting students’ registration forms to the SRC (Scientific Review Committee).
Scientific Review Committee (SRC) Form – The Covestro PRSEF SRC uses this form to evaluate the students’ projects.
Perseverance Form – This should be completed by students who have participated in Covestro PRSEF for at least three years.
Inspector Checklist – This will show you what your students’ display at Covestro PRSEF should look like.
Email questions or comments to PRSEF@CarnegieScienceCenter.org or call the Science Fair office at 412.237.1534.