STEM Excellence Endorsement by Carnegie Science Center
Establish yourself as a leader in STEM education
When it comes to STEM education, today’s educators — whether they work in K–12 schools, universities, museums, makerspaces, or businesses — need more than “one-size-fits-all” professional development opportunities.
The STEM Excellence Endorsement by Carnegie Science Center utilizes a customizable online tool and personalized virtual professional learning sessions to guide educators toward achieving their unique goals for improving their STEM education strategies.
Educators begin their Endorsement journey with the required first module, What is STEM?, which invites them to complete an in-depth self-evaluation and develop an action plan that will serve as their personal roadmap for meeting their goals.
A STEM coaching mentor will then work with educators to select a set of seven modules (see list of options below) that are based on the goals in the action plan completed in the first module.
After completing the first level, educators will receive the Partner Endorsement, an achievement that will be recognized with a digital badge, certificate, final report, and a listing on STEMisphere® . Educators will then have the option to pursue the Collaborator and Innovator Endorsements, each of which will guide them through an additional eight modules as they dive deeper into effective best practices for inspiring students through STEM education.
- Modules are facilitated remotely via a learning management system and can be scheduled at a time that best meets the needs of the participants and their unique STEM needs.
- Each hour-long module dedicates time to both STEM learning and coaching. Participants are required to provide artifacts as evidence of their learning to receive the Endorsement.
- Successful completion of the Endorsement program ranges from 6–12 months. The Endorsement can be earned three separate times at the Partner level, Collaborator level, and Innovator level.
Each Endorsement level includes eight modules and recognition in the form of a digital badge, certificate, final report, and a listing on STEMisphere.org .
- Team (up to 10 individuals, working toward the same STEM goals): $6,695
- Individual: $3,695
Module options as of May 2021 include:
- Career Connections: Exploring STEM Identity
- Curriculum Integration: Utilizing a STEM Lesson Tool
- Designing Authentic Assessments for Meaningful Student Feedback
- Equity-based Practices in STEM: Strategies for Engaging All Learners
- Game Design Challenge with 21st Century Skills
- Innovation Through Competitions and Entrepreneurial Opportunities
- Inquiry: Identifying Questions and Problems in Real-world Situations
- Integrating Engineering into Learning
- Nurturing a Growth Mindset
- Online Coding Resources to Increase Computer Literacy
- Project-Based Learning and STEM
- STEM Education for Families
- Strategies for Building Cultural Competency
- Using Design Thinking in Making/Prototyping
To start your STEM Excellence Endorsement journey, contact:
Toni Stith, Senior Manager of STEM Professional Learning, StithT@CarnegieScienceCenter.org
Jeremy Bassett, Teaching Excellence Academy Manager, BassettJ@CarnegieScienceCenter.org