Virtual field trip experiences for grades 3–12
Featuring NEW THEMES for 2022!
Take a deep dive into your favorite Science Center exhibits with themed experiences tailored to your students’ grade level. With engaging demonstrations, exhibit tours, and live instruction from our team of science educators, each virtual field trip experience is packed with the exciting and educational STEM lessons found in every Science Center program – all streamed directly to your classroom!
Scholarships are available for qualifying schools! Contact us at 412.237.3400 to learn more.
Each theme is available with grade-appropriate content for Elementary School (grades 3–5), Middle School (grades 6–8), and High School (grades 9–12). Each Exhibit Explorations program meets Next Generation Science Standards and Pennsylvania State Science Standards.
- NEW for 2022! River Ecology: Discover the exciting underwater world right outside your door. Learn about the rich ecosystem that exists in our local waterways by exploring several exhibits, including H2Oh!, Miniature Railroad & Village®, and more. Get a guide on how to gauge waterway health from Science Center educators.
- NEW for 2022! Submarines: Dive deep in the USS Requin (SS 481) in this exciting program all about the engineering and physics surrounding machines that descend to the deepest depths of the ocean. This program gets wet as Science Center staff demonstrate how density can make an object achieve positive, negative, and neutral buoyancy.
- Engineering and Robotics: Learn about the engineering design process by exploring the robots in roboworld® and investigating how they accomplish tasks. Then, visit educators in BNY Mellon Fab Lab Carnegie Science Center as they use a 3D printer and laser cutter to prototype a flying machine.
- Animals and Aquaria: Understand how organisms interact with other living components of an ecosystem and how water quality affects populations. Featuring video interactions with the swimming, hopping, and slithering animals in the H2Oh! Field Station.
- Space and Astronomy: Explore the relationship between the Earth, Sun, and other celestial bodies with out-of-this-world interactions in Buhl Planetarium and SpacePlace. End with a bang as the Theaters team demonstrates rocket propulsion using an alcohol-powered rocket.
- Health and The Human Body: Observe how systems of the body behave and how external factors affect our overall health with a tour of BodyWorks. Then, visit the Works Theater for a demonstration of how the human body turns food into energy.
Fee: $200 per teacher log-in
Register your class today by calling 412.237.3400!
What teachers are saying about Exhibit Explorations:
“Thank you to Carnegie Science Center for the wonderful presentation on robotics! My students are very interested in the innovation of robotics and this got them excited for an upcoming project. Many thanks!”
What students enjoy about Exhibit Explorations:
“It was an amazing experience, honestly. If I could do it again, I would. I learned all about prototypes and robots and printing. I even learned that robots could see!”
“Thank you for ’coming’ to our school and sharing with us! I really enjoyed checking out the Science Center and learning about the bots!”