Adult Sleepovers FAQs
Murder Mystery at the Museum
How do I register for the Adult Sleepover?
What is the cost?
- The Adult Science Sleepover is $95. Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh members receive 10% off this price.
Is there a cancellation policy?
- All reservations are non-refundable and non-exchangeable unless the Science Center cancels the Adult Sleepover due to enrollment requirements or inclement weather. In the instance the Science Center cancels the event, a full refund will be offered.
Is the Adult Sleepover exclusively for adults 21 and over?
- Yes, all guests must be at least 21 years of age. Due to the availability of alcohol, we cannot allow entry to anyone under the age of 21. To ensure safety for all our Adult Sleepover guests, IDs for guest will be checked at the door before they enter the event.
Is the Adult Sleepover a Co-Ed Event?
- Yes, all adult sleepovers at the Science Center are co-ed. The sleepover team and Science Center staff are also made up of both males and females. We strive to provide appropriate accommodations for all guests to have a fun and safe experience during their visit.
What can I expect to see/do during the Adult Sleepover?
- Sleepover guests will enjoy a film in The Rangos Giant Cinema, access to the Science Center exhibits, two meals, one snack, workshops, activities, learning stations throughout the Science Center, live theater shows/demonstrations, and more!
Will there be vegetarian/vegan/gluten-free friendly meals?
- Yes, all meals will have options for various diets. When registering, please let us know of any "dietary restrictions.”
What time does the event start?
- Registration will open at 7 pm on Friday, November 2. Guests are welcome to visit the Science Center exhibits and XPLOR Store before the exclusive Adult Sleepover activities begin. Adult Sleepover activities and workshops will begin at 7:30 pm. If you will be arriving after 8 pm, please contact Lamont Craven at CravenL@CarnegieScienceCenter.org for details.
What time does the event end?
- Breakfast will be served at 7 am on Saturday, November 3. All Adult Sleepover accommodations and activities officially end at 8 am. Sleepover guests are welcome to stay and enjoy the exhibits throughout the public hours of operation on Saturday, November 3.
If I leave early, can I come back?
- Guests can leave early, but they cannot return to the event once they leave. If you choose to leave early, a staff member will help find a set of doors that are unarmed, so the alarm system is not triggered. There is no re-entry to the Adult Sleepover.
I’m a smoker – can I leave to smoke?
- There will be a designated outdoor smoking area that guests will have access to throughout the event. Please contact a staff member to guide you to the designated smoking area. All other doors leading outside will be alarmed and will lock behind you. Smoking and e-cigarettes are not allowed within the Science Center.
Where can I find overnight parking?
- The Science Center offers overnight parking for $7. You will receive a ticket for your car when you register.
Can I bring a tent?
- No, please leave your tents, canopies, pop-up shelters, and foldable chairs at home.
Is there a place for me to store my things before I’m ready for bed?
- Yes, your sleeping items (sleeping bag, pillow, change of clothes, etc.) will be in a secure storage area that is locked by our sleepover staff.
Where will we sleep?
- Sleeping areas will be located throughout the exhibits, within the Science Center. A map of designated sleeping areas will be available on the night of the event.
What will we sleep on?
- All sleeping areas will be carpeted. We encourage you to bring sleeping pads and pillows along with your sleeping bags and blankets. Oversized or queen size air mattresses are not allowable as they tend to block emergency exit walkways.
How much of the Science Center will be open?
- All public halls will be open and accessible during specific times.
Please bring the following with you to the Adult Sleepover:
- Photo identification (driver’s license or valid form of photo ID)
- Sleeping bag, sleeping pad, pillow
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, eye mask
- Comfortable clothes, shoes and/or pajamas, slippers
- Flashlight or headlamp
- Fully charged phone, portable phone charger (outlets may not be available throughout event)
Please do not bring the following with you to the Adult Sleepover:
- Guns, knives, or weapons
- Illegal drugs or controlled substances
- Outside food/drink (Unless needed for medical purposes. Contact CravenL@CarnegieScienceCenter.org in advance)
- Outside alcohol or liquor
- Valuables (jewelry, personal computers, video games)
- Oversized inflatable mattresses (twin or full-size mattresses are allowed)
The Carnegie Science Center is not liable for loss or damage to personal belongings.
Will showers be available?
- No, there will be no access to showers during this event.
Adult Sleepover Guests can call 412.237.3400 for more information and registration.