Mark your calendar:
1/1/2014 to 8/14/2015
Aug. 14 – Science of Beer
1/1/2014 to 9/18/2015
Sep. 18 – Robots
1/1/2014 to 10/16/2015
Oct. 16 – Back to the Future
1/1/2014 to 11/13/2015
Nov. 13 – Glass
1/1/2014 to 12/18/2015
Dec. 18 – Holiday Party
1/1/2014 to 1/15/2016
Jan. 15 – Rocket Science
1/1/2014 to 2/5/2016
Feb. 5 – StormFest
1/1/2014 to 3/11/2016
Mar. 11 – Food Science with Wigle Whiskey
1/1/2014 to 4/15/2016
Apr. 15 – Sci Fi
Proper identification is required, and all guests must show ID at the door.
6 – 10 pm
All those who have ever wanted to enjoy Carnegie Science Center without having to elbow 8-year-olds out of the way for a chance to compete against the Air Hockeybot or launch a rocket into the air, will not want to miss 21+ Night at Carnegie Science Center.
Highmark SportsWorks® and the USS Requin Submarine will not be open for the evening.
21+ Food Science with Wigle Whiskey
March 11, 2016
Explore the science of food and drink at 21+ Food Science with Wigle Whiskey:
- Learn about different aspects of taste then try a free sample of Wigle spirits to put your knowledge to the test.
- Check out the concepts of about fermentation, malting, and distilling.
- Discover how sight, taste, and smell combine to give us the full experience of taste.
- Uncover how your genes can affect your taste preference while testing bitters from Wigle.
- Explore the states of matter with liquid nitrogen. Try a frozen marshmallow and discover how temperature plays a role in cocktails.